Foundation for Health
Resolving disease and staying healthy depend on strong “foundations” – the basic body and lifestyle activities necessary to build and maintain healthy lives. Dr. Han includes the following 10 “foundations” in the treatment and evaluation of every patient.
- Health Promoting Diet: You are what you eat. Good health demands that you replace “quick fix pick me ups” with nurturing high quality foods that are right for you as an individual. I will help you to discover which foods are making you sick and why you can’t seem to live without them as well as to identify a unique and satisfying diet that will build your health.
- Effective Digestion: To get what you need from your food, it is necessary to digest it well. Undigested food is converted by bacteria and molds into toxins that are absorbed by the intestines, creating a source of chronic body burden and inflammation. I will evaluate the stomach, liver/gall bladder, pancreas, and intestines on each and every patient as most people have a digestive disorder but don’t know it.
- Complete Elimination: Getting rid of what is holding you back is the vital compliment to getting what you need to move forward. Modern lifestyles and our toxic environment burden the organs of elimination, causing or contributing to most common diseases.
- Metabolic Power: The health of the whole person is determined by the health of the smallest parts – the cells. Metabolism, or cellular function, can be evaluated with lab tests that look for specific nutrient deficiencies or the presence of toxins, such as mercury or lead. Common problems like chronic fatigue, hyperactivity, and depression are in part metabolic disorders that I can effectively treat.
- Hormone Balance: Hormones and the glands that produce them (pituitary, thyroid, pancreas, adrenals, ovaries, testes, and thymus) orchestrate body functions to maintain a balance while you navigate your challenging world. I will evaluate and support the dysfunctional glands with nutrients/botanical/glandular therapies.
- Mood Balance: How you think and feel determines how successful you will be. Balancing your state of mind, mentally and emotionally, requires social skills and discipline, but also depends on your body chemistry, especially brain chemistry, blood sugar, and stress hormone balance.
- Good Posture/Physical Fitness: Next to diet, regular exercise is considered the most significant health promoting factor. Even posture has an important impact on how you think, feel, and function. The chiropractors, Dr. Vivian and Dr. Marnie at Alliance can help and share strategies for healthy posture, daily movement, fitness, as well as help to alleviate back and joint pain.
- Effective Rest and Recovery: A balance between work and rest is essential for health and longevity. Regular sleep patterns and 8 to 9 hours of rest per day are a must. Heart rate goes up with stress and raises the risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, and shortened life span.
- Supportive Relationships: Healthy relationships are an important part of a successful life. I will focus on helping you create a healthier (more informed and supportive) relationship with yourself. I will teach you to correctly interpret your body’s signs and symptoms, and how and when to apply effective natural strategies, putting you in control of your health.
- Life Affirming and Enhancing Goals: It is good advice to “begin with the end in mind”. With your health goals in mind, we will build a strategic health recovery plan and will back it up by helping you be successful in making the diet and lifestyle changes necessary for good health now and in the future.