Ideally a smooth transition occurs in moving from a reproductive to a post-reproductive phase of life, and in some cultures this has been shown to be true. Remember ladies, menopause is a normal, natural event of aging not a disease state. But of course certain health concerns can emerge, and in industrialized cultures, often do.
What are the big issues?
- Hot flashes / night sweats
- Mood changes
- Body Shape – abdominal weight gain
- Low libido / Vaginal dryness / urinary dysfunction
- Bone Health – 1-3% bone loss each year without estrogen replacement (osteopenia, osteoporosis)
- Heart health – CVD (including heart disease, stroke and blood clots), the leading cause of death in postmenopausal women
- Skin/Hair – dryness / thinning / acne / facial hair
- Sleep disturbances / Fatigue
- Loss of memory / cognition
Schedule a visit with Dr. Han to see how you can appease/eliminate the side effects of this transition in your life.